Microsoft Office 365 is revolutionising the digital workplace, through the commoditisation of core digital services that all organisations rely on to conduct day-to-day business activities. Offered via a Software-As-A-Service model, Office 365 empowers organisations to retain and grow employee talent by providing anywhere, anytime, any device access, collaboration and security protection services to colleagues, partners and clients.
In response, ALC offers a complete 2-day course covering all Office 365 fundamentals and services. Candidates will build an understanding of all the key Office 365 services as well as broad capabilities of the Microsoft Azure platform.
Some technical experience and familiarity with Office 365 desktop apps is required. This course is the equivalent of a Microsoft 100 level course as defined: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc558964.aspx
After attending the course participants will:
- Understand Cloud Computing concepts and definitions based on the ISO/IEC 17788 and NIST standards
- Understand and articulate the key features and benefits for all the key services on the Office 365 platform
- Gain knowledge around how key security and legal concepts apply to Office 365
- Be aware of the organisational challenges when moving to Office 365
- Form a basic understanding of the Office 365 subscription plans and be confident in locating further information
- Gain awareness and understanding of how the Office 365 fast track service can be utilised to reduce costs and improve agility
- Be aware of the key concepts relating to Microsoft Azure
- Gain a good understanding of the Microsoft InTune product and how it can manage mobile devices
- Gain a good insight into the types of challenges that end-users can face when using Office 365 product.
Who should attend
The course is intended for:
- Individuals and organisations seeking a sound understanding of cloud computing
- Technical employees who wish to validate fundamental knowledge needed to begin building a career using Microsoft technologies. This program provides an appropriate entry point to a future career in technology and assumes some hands-on experience or training but does not assume on-the-job experience
- Technical employees involved in Office 365 initiatives or projects, such as project managers, business analysts, architects, engineers and developers
- Managers responsible for employees working on cloud computing initiatives or projects.
Face-to-face classroom training
Fees per person
Office 365 Foundation (2 days)
- Course presentation
- Printed course workbook
- Full catering including sit-down lunch each day
It is assumed that participants have a working knowledge of Office 365 along with some technical knowledge.