ISO 27001 Lead Implementer – Key Points:
- Practical orientation – not just theory. Features extensive use of case studies from actual implementations led by the course presenter
- The ONLY independently accredited ISO 27001 Lead Implementer training in Asia-Pacific
- Certificate exam 3rd-party set and marked
- Based on most recent version ISO 27001:2013
- ALC courses are presented only by Tier 1 trainers. Quality is guaranteed. Contact us for trainer bio sheet.
This course provides comprehensive and practical coverage of all aspects of implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001 project. If you are involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001 – either as a Lead Implementer, or as part of the planning/implementation team – this course will give you the all the key steps for implementing and maintaining a successful Information Security Management System.
Based on the most recent version ISO 27001:2013, this training is consistent with the good practices of project management established by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and ISO 10006:2003 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003:2009 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004:2009 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005:2008 (Risk Management in Information Security).
$3250 + gst
Fees are per person and include:
- Course presentation
- Course workbook
- Supplementary materials
- Certificate exam voucher. The exam is completed online and invigilated by PECB.
ISO 27001 Foundation certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 is recommended.
Live Virtual Training – At course completion participants will receive an online exam voucher. The online exam is web-based and hosted by the PECB Exam System which is accessed via a web browser. The exam can be taken at any time after the course. The exam voucher has a 12 month validity period.
Face-to-Face Training – Participants will be provided with a paper-based exam which is completed whilst at the course in the same venue of the course itself.
- 80 questions
- Multiple choice
- Open book
- 3 hours (30 additional mins for EASL)
- Pass mark 70%
- If delegates fail their first attempt they can retake it for fee within 12 months
The Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam is conducted under the auspices of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP).
- The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information security control best practice based on ISO 27002
- Domain 3: Planning an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam via PECB
Examination Re-Sit Options:
- If you are unsuccessful on your first attempt at the exam, you are eligible for one FREE re-take of the exam within 12 months from the initial date.
- Exam re-sit fees apply for 3rd attempts at the exam or additional attempts post the initial 12 month period.
There are three levels of accreditation that you can apply for after passing the exam, depending on professional experience:
- ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Implementer – exam passed, no direct professional experience, no ISMS project experience
- ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer – exam passed, two years professional experience with at least one year in information security, project experience of at least 200 hours
- ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer – exam passed, five years professional experience with at least two years in information security, project experience of at least 300 hours
Candidates can apply for the appropriate level of accreditation once exam results have been received.