Karen is a result focussed, self-motivated senior professional in Organisational Change Management (OCM) and IT Service Management delivering end-to-end OCM activities on a number of projects, including the ITSM Transformation project at Department of Defence, and Superannuation New Measures and Future Work Space for ATO.
Karen has added value in organisational change and service management for a diverse range of quality companies including Wentworth Community Housing, Vicinity Centres, Telstra, NAB, Coles Myer, Deakin University, MMG, Department of Defence, Hazelwood Power, Victorian Parliament, CSC Australia, Vodafone, NEC, Department of Health and Aging, Citipower, Medibank, Datacom, Metro Trains, ATO and HP.
Karen is an author, coach, facilitator, trainer and speaker. Considered a thought leader and industry expert.
Karen has extensive experience and proven capability in building service and process improvement strategies and plans to enable small, medium and large scale organisations to deliver commercial results to their internal clients and external customers thus ensuring that business objectives are achieved.
Karen has written two publications: ‘Game On! Change is Constant – Tactics to Win When Leading Change is Everyone’s Business’ (2019) and ‘Balanced Diversity – A Portfolio Approach to Organisational Change’ (2011). She has two more book scheduled for publication in 2020.
Karen has also received a Lifetime Achievement Award from itSMF Australia in 2014 in recognition of her contribution to the ITSM industry.
- Adapting organisational change management to work effectively in a rapid and iterative delivery environment
- Driving organisational change and acceptance of new ways of working through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring, clear communication and planning
- Adaptability, flexibility, pragmatism and a growth mindset
Effective stakeholder impact analysis, stakeholder engagement, communication, resistance management and reinforcement
- Ability to consult and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Understanding business drivers for change and moving the organisational culture from a technology focus to a service focus
- Managing the process improvement cycle from strategy generation, analysis, opportunity identification, and development through to implementation and continual service improvement
- Negotiating and influencing to realise strategic objectives by being alert to new ideas, engaging and agreeing team direction and goals
- Complex problem solving by taking a strategic view combined with a tactical and practical approach that delivers business value