Microsoft Office 365 is revolutionising the digital workplace, through the commoditisation of core digital services that all organisations rely on to conduct day-to-day business activities. Offered via a Software-As-A-Service model, Office 365 empowers organisations to retain and grow employee talent by providing anywhere, anytime, any device access, collaboration and security protection services to colleagues, partners and clients.
In response, ALC has developed a unique 2-day course, outlining the key security and compliance features of the Office 365 platform in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre.
Candidates will gain a detailed understanding of all the key Office 365, Azure Information Protection and Microsoft Active Services, across business and enterprise plans, including key integrations and security considerations that will foster employee collaboration, whilst protecting business information and data.
No development or engineering experience is required.
This course is the equivalent of a Microsoft 200 level course (refer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc558964.aspx).
It is requested that participants bring a notebook computer or equivalent with access to Office 365 E1 plan or higher. If you do not have this access, please let us know.
The key objectives of this course are to:
- Identify and explain the Cloud Computing concepts and definitions based on the ISO/IEC 17788 and NIST standards
- Demonstrate the application of appropriate security strategies and map them to Office 365 and Azure Information Protection services, features and functions
- Understand and articulate the key features and benefits for all the key services on the Office 365 platform
- Understand and articulate the key features and benefits within the Office 365 Security and Compliance Centre and the Azure Information Protection services portal
- Gain contextual knowledge to be able to be able to understand and configure Office 365 and Azure Information Protection services features
- Understand and use Microsoft PowerShell commands with Office 365
- Understand the challenges associated with architecting and integrating Office 365 with an Azure Active Directory solution for medium and large organisations
- Describe key cloud architectural concepts such as authentication, authorisation, federation, confidentiality, integrity, privacy and legal aspects such as jurisdiction and regulatory requirements
- Articulate all the key integrations between the following cloud services:
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Office 365
- Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre
- Azure Information Protection
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Individuals and organisations seeking an advanced understanding of Office 365 and Azure security services and features
- Managers responsible for employees that are working on Office 365 and Azure security initiatives or projects
- Technical employees involved in Office 365 and Azure initiatives or projects, such as technical project managers, business analysts, security architects, enterprise architects, solution architects and infrastructure architects.
Face-to-face classroom training
Fees per person
Office 365 Security & Compliance (2 days)
- Course presentation
- Printed course workbook
- Full catering including sit-down lunch each day
Candidates should ideally have at least 2 years of IT experience with at least:
- 1 year working with Office 365 solutions and services
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing or administering Active Directory and Windows Server 2012
There is no exam associated with this course but all participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance