This course is presented as Live Virtual Training. Click for more details.
The DPBoK™ Standard assists individuals to create and manage product offerings with a digital component and lead their organizations through Digital Transformation. Any role at organizations undergoing digital transformation, ranging from start-ups to large enterprises.
The DPBoK™ Standard assists individuals to create and manage product offerings with a digital component and lead their organizations through Digital Transformation.
This certification is intended as the foundation for the development of the Digital Practitioner. It seeks to provide guidance for both new entrants into the digital workforce as well as others seeking to update their understanding of how all the various themes and components of digital and IT management fit together in the new world.
Individuals who earn this credential will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- An Introduction to the DPBoK™ Standard, including a first introduction to key concepts such as Digital Transformation, Digital-First, and also the structure of the Body of Knowledge
- Digital Value, including the basic concepts employed by the Digital Practitioner, such as: Why do people want digital, computing, or IT services? What are the general outlines of their structure? How do they come into being? How are they changed over time?
- Digital Infrastructure, including the overall capabilities of digital infrastructure and initial concerns for its effective, efficient, and secure operation
- Application Delivery, including the fundamental objectives and activities of application development
- Product Management, including why product management is formalized as a company or team Grows
- Work Management, including the key concerns and practices of work management as a team increases in size
- Operations Management, including basic concepts and practices of operations management in a digital/IT context
- Coordination and Process, including how to coordinate as the organization grows into multiple teams and multiple products
- Investment and Portfolio, including IT investment and portfolio management, including finance, sourcing, portfolio management, service catalogues, and project management
- Organization and Culture, including various aspects of organizational structure, human resources, and cultural factors, as an organization goes through the “team of teams” transition
- Governance, Risk, Security, and Compliance, including the core aspects of governance, risk, security, and compliance, as an organization operates at enterprise scale
- Information Management, including the basic aspects of information and data management on a large scale; this involves the establishment of formal governance, control, and management techniques for information
- Architecture, including key practices and methods for managing complexity using Enterprise Architecture
Who should attend
In theory, any role at organizations undergoing digital transformation, ranging from start-ups to large enterprises.
So, the target audience for this certification includes, but is not limited to:
- Senior digital business professionals, up to and including C-level, who need increased awareness of digital practices
- Mid-career IT professionals who need retraining to stay relevant and validate digital Subject Matter Expert (SME) status in specific domain areas
- Entry-level computing and digital business professionals
- College-level students and computing and digital business majors
The benefits of this Certification
The first industry certification providing complete guidance for Digital product offerings and Digital Transformation
How to create and manage product offerings with an increasing digital component
Supports individuals leading their organization through a Digital Transformation
The purpose of certification for DPBoK™ Foundation is to provide validation that the individual has gained knowledge of the foundational set of concepts for the Digital Practitioner.
The certification can help:
- Those who require an introduction to and basic understanding of the DPBoK Standard
- Individuals who wish to create and manage product offerings with an increasing digital component,
or lead their organization through Digital Transformation
- IT professionals working within any size organization, from a start-up through to a large enterprise, that has adopted digital approaches
The learning objectives at this level focus on knowledge and comprehension.
- Online Exam After Course – Voucher provided at course completion
- Multiple Choice format
- 40 questions
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed Book
- Passing score of 65% (26/40)
The credential is only awarded by passing the examination. Examination Name OGD-001 DPBoK™ Part 1
Duration of the Certification
The initial duration of the certification will be valid for one (1) year and there will be annual renewal requirements which are defined on The Open Group website and include continuing professional development and credentials
Using the Exam Voucher
The TOGAF exams are administered by The Open Group at a Pearson Vue test centre or else via the Pearson VUE OnVUE Online Proctoring system. For more information please click here.