This course is presented as Live Virtual Training. Click for more details.
COBIT® is the world-leading business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT:
- COBIT pulls together, as a unifying or umbrella framework, over 30 international standards and frameworks
- Enables organisations to get increased trust in their information systems
- Helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realising benefits and optimising risk levels and resource use.
The COBIT framework addresses both business and IT functional areas across an enterprise and considers the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. Enterprises of all sizes can benefit from COBIT, whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
The just-released COBIT 2019 is the best COBIT yet, featuring many positive changes including modified principles, new design factors, updated goals cascade, modified processes (from 37 to 40), updated performance management, new detailed governance and management objectives.
The COBIT 2019 Foundation course provides the ideal introduction to COBIT and provides full preparation for the Foundation Certificate exam.
The objective of this course is for participants to gain a good solid understanding of COBIT 2019, specifically:
- The context, benefits and key reasons why COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework
- Who in the organisation COBIT 2019 is aimed at
- Descriptions and purposes of the COBIT product architecture
- Components of a governance system
- The governance “system” and governance “framework” principles
- Alignment of COBIT with other applicable frameworks, standards and bodies of knowledge
- The overall structure and contents of the Goals Cascade
- How COBIT 2019 compares with COBIT5
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives
- How to design a tailored governance system using COBIT
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Business Executives responsible for IT Governance
- Professionals and Managers of IT Service Providers
- Risk and Security Practitioners
- Auditors / Assurance Professionals
- Quality Professionals
- Consultants, Service Managers and Project Managers
- Online Exam After Course – Voucher* provided at course completion
- Multiple Choice format
- 75 questions per paper
- 49 mark or more required to pass (out of 75 available) – 65%
- 2 hour duration
- Closed book.
*The COBIT 2019 exam voucher is included in the course fee. The COBIT exam is set, conducted, and marked by ISACA. Participants book the exam directly with ISACA using the voucher provided at course completion.
The list below contains all the hardware and software requirements for the exam:
- Operating system supported: Windows, Mac OS X & above, Linux &Chrome OS
- Web browser: Google Chrome or Chromium version 32 & above
- Download the PSI Secure Browser
- Browser settings: Accept 3rd party cookies for the duration of the exam ONLY
- Webcam/Microphone: Minimum VGA 640 x 480 resolution, built in or external microphone
- Google Chrome Extension: Requires installation.
- Bandwidth: Minimum 500kb/s download and 256kb/s upload
- Hardware Requirements: 1GB RAM & 2GHz dual core processor, minimum 1280 x 800 resolution