Business Analysts are increasingly required to extend themselves beyond their traditional role of developing and maintaining IT systems. They need the capability to understand the business strategy, use proven techniques to analyse the business area, and identify changes to business processes needed to meet internal and external challenges.
The BCS Business Analysis Practice course provides the fundamental skills and framework needed by effective business analysts engaged in a business change project. The course develops the skills needed to work with senior business and IT staff to effectively analyse and model business activities. Delegates will learn how to investigate business problems and how to identify and recommend appropriate creative solutions.
The course prepares to sit the BCS Business Analysis Practice certificate examination.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe how a business strategy is developed
- Use strategic analysis techniques
- Describe the need for project discipline
- Explain techniques to investigate an organisation’s business systems
- Describe an approach to improving business systems
- Explain the importance of stakeholder management and use a stakeholder analysis technique
- Use techniques for the analysis and modelling of business systems
- Describe how recommendations for business improvement may be identified
- Describe the contents of a rigorous business case for the development and implementation of business changes
- Identify costs, benefits, impacts and risks for an option in a business case
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone likely to become involved in business analysis at any level, including:
- Business Analysts and Systems Analysts
- Business Managers
- Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Managers
Face-to-face classroom training
Fees A$ Per Person
- BCS Business Analysis Practice Certificate Course (3 days)
- $2350 + GST
The fee includes:
- Course presentation, accredited by BCS
- Comprehensive ALC course workbook
- Full catering including sit-down lunch, morning and afternoon tea at quality CBD hotel
- The BCS Business Analysis Practice Certificate exam
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.