Why you should consider an introductory course for ISO/IEC 20000 | ALC Training News
- No comments
The rapidly evolving IT environment requires businesses to remain on top of the necessary skills and standards, in order to ensure compliancy and effective management.
The role of ISO/IEC 20000
Understanding the international standard for IT service management, ISO/IEC 20000, may seem a difficult task, but it's actually straightforward when broken down. ISO/IEC 20000 describes an intergrated set of processes designed for management, which ensure effective service delivery to businesses and customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 can be used to fill a number of requirements, including:
- Organisations seeking services from providers, and requiring some form of assurance that the requirements will be met
- Service providers needing to demonstrate capability to design, deliver and supply services
- Organisations that require a consistent approach by all service providers
- Service providers seeking to monitor and review processes and services.
The history of ISO/IEC 20000
ISO/IEC 20000 was first released in 2005, following development of earlier standards such as BS 15000 from 2000 through to 2002. The series was designed to apply to both small and large service providers, and meet the requirements set forth for service management.
Essentially, the standard can ensure the best possible service is delivered to customers within predetermined resource levels.
An introductory course to ISO/IEC 20000 is the best way to approach the standard, and ISO/IEC Fundamentals is ideal. By completing the three day course, participants will ensure they have a solid knowledge of the fundamentals – invaluable over the next few years.
Once the course has been taken, organisations that have aligned with the standard will be able gain a greater alignment between IT services and business strategy, along with the creation of a framework for service improvement projects.
ISO/IEC 20000 needs to be considered in the near future, as it's able to significantly benefit business operations.
- ALC’s Cyber Scholarship Program – A Community Support Initiative
- ASD scraps Cloud Security Certification Program – Now What?
- Cybersecurity in your pocket: The essentials of mobile malware
- Where to Start with Digital Transformation?
- InfoSec Skilled Workforce Shortfall – Reality?
- What is the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre?