Organisational Change Management (Foundation): Exams and Stuff | ALC Training News
- No comments
Foundation Level Certification
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to measure whether you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Change Management Text and Handbook to act as an informed member of a change management team during a period of change within part or all of your organisation. The Foundation certification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification.
Exam Format – Foundation
- Multiple choice
- Four sections, total of 60 questions
- 30 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
Change Management – APMG/CMI vs PROSCI
One of the most frequent questions we get concerns the differences between PROCSI and APMG/CMI certifications.
ALC’s Change Management training comes from APMG and CMI (the Change Management Institute) which are both based in UK. PROSCI is US-based. The two approaches are not really competitors. Rather, they are complementary. They approach the same subject but from a different perspective. In an ideal world people would do both. A similar situation exists with Business Analysis between IIBA in USA and BCS in UK.
ALC recommends the APMG/CMI approach as a more suitable and effective starting point from an organisational perspective, particularly if you have a group of people to be trained.
For a comprehensive assessment of the two approaches we recommend this paper: Change management certification courses from APMG and Prosci®. Which one is right for you?
Please contact us if you would like to discuss further with our Lead Trainer.
- ALC’s Cyber Scholarship Program – A Community Support Initiative
- ASD scraps Cloud Security Certification Program – Now What?
- Cybersecurity in your pocket: The essentials of mobile malware
- Where to Start with Digital Transformation?
- InfoSec Skilled Workforce Shortfall – Reality?
- What is the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre?