Frameworks and Standards Overview: Course Overview | ALC Training News
- No comments
We constantly encounter this concern in organisations everywhere, in both government and business:
- What are all these frameworks and standards?
- What is the difference between a framework and a standard?
- There are so many – should we be using them? If so, which ones?
- How do they all fit together?
- How will they make our organisation better?
Frameworks and standards are there to address very real issues faced by organisations today. They offer many real and tangible benefits. But there is no single silver bullet. The trick is to know which ones to use to give best value to your organisation.
This overview is designed to brush away the confusion and to give management a clear and sufficient understanding of the most common frameworks (COBIT, ITIL, PRINCE2, MSP, SABSA) together with the relevant standards (ISO 38500, ISO 20000, ISO 10006, ISO 21500 and ISO 27000) so that you will have a much better basis for making decisions. It will explain how the frameworks and standards interact, as well as clarifying the differences between the frameworks and their corresponding standards.
- ALC’s Cyber Scholarship Program – A Community Support Initiative
- ASD scraps Cloud Security Certification Program – Now What?
- Cybersecurity in your pocket: The essentials of mobile malware
- Where to Start with Digital Transformation?
- InfoSec Skilled Workforce Shortfall – Reality?
- What is the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre?