Directing a Project with PRINCE2®: Course Overview | ALC Training News
- No comments
A distinguishing feature of PRINCE2, and one of its main benefits, is that it clarifies the distinction between governing or directing a project, which is done by a Project Board, and managing the project on a day-to-day basis, which is done by the Project Manager. This also means that a critical success factor is that members of the Project Board clearly understand their roles and responsibilities when directing a PRINCE2 project.
The purpose of this course is to give members of the Project Board and other critical project stakeholders an understanding of the context, purpose, role and structure of the PRINCE2 methodology and of how PRINCE2 projects are governed and directed by the Project Board.
This course is designed for two main groups:
- Members of the Project Board, Project Executives, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers
- Other roles within Programmes/Projects including Project Assurance, Project Support, Business Change Managers, Programme Managers
The course is designed as one-day duration and is made up of a balanced blend of presentations, supported by PowerPoint slides, as well as discussion sessions.
Topics covered include:
- Programmes and Projects
- The PRINCE2 Structure
- Project Management Organisation
- The Business Case
- PRINCE2 Approach to Quality
- Managing by Exception
- Directing a Project
- Managing Benefits
A half-day version of this course can also be tailored to your needs.
- ALC’s Cyber Scholarship Program – A Community Support Initiative
- ASD scraps Cloud Security Certification Program – Now What?
- Cybersecurity in your pocket: The essentials of mobile malware
- Where to Start with Digital Transformation?
- InfoSec Skilled Workforce Shortfall – Reality?
- What is the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre?