Business Continuity Management: Learning Outcomes | ALC Training News
- No comments
This training course follows the cycle, which is a best-practice model for implementing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes in your organisation.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Properly implement Business Continuity end-to-end
- Ask the right questions when choosing a Recovery Site
- Develop a completed, customised plan
- Integrate Pandemic preparedness into your overall BCP
- Tackle Crisis Communications and media relations in a practical way
- Identify, analyse and address your organisation’s risks
- Achieve buy-in and commitment
- Organise people to enable continuous maintenance of the Business Continuity Plan
- Ensure confidence in the organisation’s recovery capability following a crisis
- Establish your organisation’s essential business processes, rate these in terms of criticality and identify the activities and necessary resources within each process
- Determine likely crisis scenarios and how these would impact operationally and financially on your organisation
- Determine whether to invest in an off-site recovery facility or rather accept certain work-arounds
- Ensure all agreed procedures for Crisis Management, emergency response, damage assessment, safety of staff, evacuation, trauma management, technical recovery and crisis communication are documented and updated
- Test the Disaster Recovery Plan to ensure it can be trusted
- Inform management and staff of the procedures and their role in the event of a disaster
- Ensure that the Business Continuity Plan and related documents are updated and accessible
- Prepare for upcoming APRA or other audits
- Ensure when changes in the business, services, risks or priorities occur that these are incorporated and plans are continually optimised
- ALC’s Cyber Scholarship Program – A Community Support Initiative
- ASD scraps Cloud Security Certification Program – Now What?
- Cybersecurity in your pocket: The essentials of mobile malware
- Where to Start with Digital Transformation?
- InfoSec Skilled Workforce Shortfall – Reality?
- What is the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre?