BCS Business Analysis Practice: Course Contents | ALC Training News
- No comments
1. Strategic Context for Business Analysis
- Explain the purpose of an organisation’s vision.
- Apply a suitable technique to analyse the internal environment of an organisation.
- Apply a suitable technique to analyse the external environment of an organisation.
- Prepare a SWOT analysis.
- Use tools to measure performance.
2. Analysing and Managing Stakeholders
- Explain the activities required to engage stakeholders.
- Identify generic stakeholder categories using the stakeholder wheel.
- Use the CATWOE technique to analyse stakeholder perspectives and identify similarities and differences.
- Categorise stakeholders in terms of their power and influence and level of interest.
- Choose an appropriate stakeholder management strategy.
3. Analysing the Current State
- Choose suitable methods to research the business situation.
- Identify a suitable quantitative or qualitative investigation technique.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of the different investigation techniques.
- Use tools to represent the current business situation
4. Establishing the Target State
- Use a business activity model (BAM).
- Identify the 5 activities included in a BAM.
- Explain the need for a consensus BAM.
- Explain the three types of business events.
- Explain the use of a target operating model (TOM).
5. Designing and Defining the solution.
- Identify the stages of Design Thinking.
- Describe the use of divergent and convergent thinking.
- Explain the process of gap analysis.
- Distinguish between areas of feasibility.
6. Developing a Business Case
- Explain the rationale for the development of a business case.
- Identify the contents of a business case.
- Identify tangible and intangible costs and benefits.
- Identify risks and their potential impact.
- Explain the rationale for the financial case and the appraisal techniques.
- Relate the business case to the business change lifecycle.
* A case study allows the delegates to undertake a simulated business analysis assignment
- ALC’s Cyber Scholarship Program – A Community Support Initiative
- ASD scraps Cloud Security Certification Program – Now What?
- Cybersecurity in your pocket: The essentials of mobile malware
- Where to Start with Digital Transformation?
- InfoSec Skilled Workforce Shortfall – Reality?
- What is the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre?